互聯網可能會崩潰,怎麼辦(2)

點擊查看音頻

Now, it just so happened that I got to register the third domain name on the Internet.
現在,假如我剛註冊了我的第三個互聯網域名。

So I could have anything I wanted other than bbn.com and symbolics.com.
於是我可以起任何我想要的名字作爲域名,除了"bbn.com"和"symbolics.com"之外。

So I picked think.com, but then I thought, you know, there's a lot of really interesting names out there.
於是我註冊了"think.com",但是我又想,除此之外還有很多有趣的域名。

Maybe I should register a few extras just in case. And then I thought, "Nah, that wouldn't be very nice."
也許我應該多註冊幾個以備不時之需。我又想:“吶,這樣不太好吧。”

That attitude of only taking what you need was really what everybody had on the network in those days,
在那時,這種只取己需的態度在網絡上幾乎人人擁有,

and in fact, it wasn't just the people on the network,
而且事實上,不僅僅是使用網絡的人有這種態度,

but it was actually kind of built into the protocols of the Internet itself.
這種態度也植根於互聯網協議自身。

So the basic idea of I.P., or Internet protocol,
所以,I.P.,或者互聯網協議的基本思想,

and the way that the -- the routing algorithm that used it, were fundamentally "from each according to their ability, to each according to their need."
以及路由算法用到的工作方式,從根本上來說是“各盡其能,各取所需。”

And so, if you had some extra bandwidth, you'd deliver a message for someone. If they had some extra bandwidth, they would deliver a message for you.
因此,如果你有額外的帶寬,你代別人發送信息。如果他們也有額外的帶寬,他們也可以代你發送信息。

You'd kind of depend on people to do that, and that was the building block.
你將會逐漸依靠於他人才能來完成信息的交換,而這就是構建的基石。

It was actually interesting that such a communist principle was the basis of a system developed during the Cold War by the Defense Department,
有趣的是,雖然這樣一個共產原則居然是國防部在冷戰期間開發的一個系統的核心,

but it obviously worked really well, and we all saw what happened with the Internet.
而很明顯它的效果非常好,我們已經目睹了互聯網發生的一切。

It was incredibly successful.
毋庸置疑,非常的成功。

it just so happened that

正巧

1.It just so happened that my car has broken down too , So I can't lent it to you
碰巧我的車也壞了,所以我不能借給你。

2.It just so happened that they were seeking a IT engineer
碰巧他們在找IT工程師。

3.it just so happened that I am here
碰巧我在這裏

just in case.

以防萬一

1.If you want to get up early , you must be sure to set two alarms or more, just in case you have not heard the first one
如果你想早起,你必須確保設置兩個警報或更多,以防萬一你沒有聽到第一個。

2.It may rain; you'd better take an umbrella just in case.
可能下雨,拿把傘吧,以防萬一。
3.We should bring more water just in case it is needed.
我們應該多帶些水以備不時之需。

kind of

有點;有幾分

1.Why does people like koalas ? Because they're kind of cute.
爲什麼人們喜歡考拉?因爲它們有點可愛。

2.I'm kind of like an English teacher
我有點像英語老師

3.I kind of love this TV show.
我有幾分喜歡這部電視劇。

發表評論
所有評論
還沒有人評論,想成為第一個評論的人麼? 請在上方評論欄輸入並且點擊發布.
相關文章